Exercise and Rock Like Richard Simmons
Fitness guru Richard Simmons, who turns 63 in July, does things his own way, from his sequined tank tops to his signature striped running shorts.
I met Simmons this weekend at World Fitness Day in Atlanta and he shared some of his favorite things, from his exercise playlist to his daily fitness favorites.
Top Five Workout Songs
1. "It's My Party" by Leslie Gore
2. "Dancing in the Streets" by Martha and the Vandellas
3. "He's a Rebel" by the Crystals
4. "Locomotion" by Little Eva
5. "Wooly Bully" by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs
First Five Things Simmons Does Each Morning
1. Get up at 4:30 a.m. and say a prayer
2. Count my blessings
3. Light stretching
4. Work out
5. Go to office
Five Favorite Exercises
1. Stretching for 15 minutes
3. Lift weights
5. Abs and push-ups
Related: Workout Queen is Back: Gary interviews Jane Fonda, who is releasing two new fitness DVDs and moving back to Los Angeles.
Previous Post: Abs-olutely Fabulous
Next Post: Five Things Clint Eastwood Can Teach Us About Reinvention